NSW Health will soon be taking applications for Aboriginal Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate Scholarships.
In order to apply for the cadetship, the student must have 12 months or longer left to complete their degree and must be studying fulltime.
The Cadetship supports students studying a Bachelor of Nursing or Midwifery degree at university. It involves receiving:
• A study allowance of $600 per fortnight in the academic Semester,
• A book payment of $500 per Semester,
• Clinical support and mentoring,
• Includes a paid 12 week work placement outside of the academic year at a NSW Health facility.
• Offer of ongoing employment upon successful completion of your studies and the Cadetship Program
The link below will take you to our website which provides more information about the supporting documents needed to include with the students application and how to apply.
January 7, 2019: Cadetship applications open
January 25, 2019: Cadetship applications close
We also offer scholarships to students enrolled in undergraduate and postgraduate courses to the value of $1000 per subject and more information can be found on our website.
Fact sheets about Nursing and Midwifery can also be found at http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/nursing/employment/Pages/default.aspx