The Department of Home Affairs and the Australian Border Force are pleased to advise that applications for the Border Force Officer Recruit Traineeship (BFORT) are now open. Applications will be open for a 4 week period, closing on Sunday 18th November 2018. A social media campaign has commenced on platforms such as Facebook and Instagram and can also be found at www.apsjobs.gov.au (also see links below).
The ABF values and welcomes the contributions of all of our people — from a range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We invite applications from people with different cultural backgrounds, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity or sexual orientation.
In support of our Indigenous Employment Strategy, an Affirmative Measures (Indigenous) recruitment pathway will run alongside the standard vacancy and is open to community members who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander. For more information about diversity in the ABF visit our website.
The link to the advertised positions can be found in our recruitment portal.
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- an Australian citizen
- 18 years of age or older
- able to attain and maintain an Australian Government security clearance and Employment Suitability Clearance
- able to attain and maintain relevant medical and fitness standards
- have completed a Year 12 education, or Year 10 with a trade certificate or Year 10 with a Cert IV and/or equivalent
- willing to meet the requirements of a Border Force Officer (including the completion of Operational Safety Training and be willing to carry and use personal defence equipment, including a firearm, if required).
- Able to provide proof of heritage if applying for the Affirmative Measures (Indigenous) vacancies
We encourage you to watch a video of Alaina speaking about her role in the ABF.
For any queries in relation to applying or the BFORT program please email HOBAN Recruitment on BFORT@hoban.com.au or call them on 1300 109 166.