Varuna’s Copyright Agency Fellowships for First Nations Writers are open to all writers, published or unpublished, who are of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent and are currently living in Australia.
Varuna will award five Copyright Agency Fellowships in 2019.
Each fellowship includes:
- A week’s residential fellowship including accommodation, private writing space, and full board.
- A one-on-one mentoring consultation with Dr Peter Minter, Senior Lecturer in the Department of English at the University of Sydney, or a writing mentor of your choice.
- Reimbursement of all travel expenses to and from Varuna (we are in the Blue Mountains of NSW, 100 kilometres west of Sydney).
- A publishing appraisal from Magabala Books, Australia’s leading Indigenous publisher, for any work that you complete as a result of this fellowship, available for up to 18 months following the period of your fellowship.
- A half-day publishing workshop with publisher and agent Mary Cunnane.
The closing date for applications is 14 December. More information can be found on our website here.