I would like to invite you, or a representative from your organisation, to participate in a Community Round Table with the Office of the Commonwealth Ombudsman. We are interested in hearing about your experiences, and those of your clients, with Australian Government agencies, so we can better understand your concerns. This event will also allow you to talk with, and hear from, other individuals and organisations who are facing similar issues.
What’s on the agenda?
What we do: A brief overview of the work of our office covering our role in handling individual complaints and bringing about wider improvements. You can access our recently published reports here.
What you experience: This will include three separate discussion groups. You are welcome to participate in more than one group if your organisation works across subject matter areas.
- Discussion 1: Issues arising from the delivery of Australian Government social services programs (including Centrelink, Child Support, Medicare, aged care, health and employment services).
- What service delivery problems or concerns have you or your clients experienced.
- How do you think things could be improved?
- Discussion 2: The delivery of Australian government programs and services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities.
- Do you have any problems or concerns about service delivery?
- Do you have any ideas about how things could be improved?
- Discussion 3: Issues arising for National Disability Insurance Scheme participants, families and support organisations.
- Which stage/s of the NDIS are causing problems? For example – access, planning, plan implementation, plan review. What’s the nature of the problem you (or your clients) are experiencing?
- Have you used the NDIA’s complaints and feedback arrangements to highlight any of these issues? What was your experience?
When and Where
Date: Tuesday 28 November 2017
Time: 12.45pm (for a 1pm start) to 3.30pm
Venue: Harry Todd Band Hall, 17 Cowper Street, Parramatta (See attachment for directions.
Afternoon tea will be served.
After the formal session has ended, you will have to a chance to talk individually to Ombudsman staff.
Please reply to DisabilityTeam@ombudsman.gov.au by COB Friday 17 November 2017 to tell us:
- who is coming from your organisation;
- their best contact information; and
- whether they have any accessibility or dietary requirements?
If you would like any further information about the Round Table, please contact us by return email or call Sara Lopez on 02 6198 9456.
If your organisation is not able to attend the Round Table but would like to meet with our staff at another time, please email to arrange this.
I look forward to seeing you at the Round Table.
Senior Assistant Ombudsman | Social Services, Indigenous, Disability & Integrity Branch
Influencing systemic improvement in public administration