Faculty of Medicine
Poche Centre for Indigenous Health
Reference no. 1818/0917
This position is only open to candidates of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent and is authorised under the provisions of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977. Evidence of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent must be provided with the application.
- Located at The Poche Centre for Indigenous Health, Camperdown
- Exciting opportunity to lead, provide executive support and deliver the strategic and operational goals of the Centre
- Full-time fixed term opportunity for 5 years
About the opportunity
The Poche Centre for Indigenous Health was established by the University of Sydney in 2008 following a generous donation from philanthropist and indigenous health advocate, Mr. Greg Poche.
The primary aim of the Centre is to contribute to the elimination of disparities in indigenous health and social justice outcomes through collaboration with health research organisations including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander controlled organisations as well as other related community organisations and government.
The Director of Poche Centre is responsible for the effective development and implementation of strategic and effective business plans. This will incorporate the overall management of the Centre, inclusive of financial management and accountability, HR and performance management. As the successful applicant, you will implement goals of the Centre as they relate to clinical service delivery, research, education and policy. You will promote the profile, reputation and impact of the Centre whilst managing relationships – both internal and external to the Centre and Sydney Medical School.
You will also work with staff and affiliates to bring additional funds that will benefit the activities and research of the Centre.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Director who possesses:
- leadership in policy development, strategy planning, leadership and program development
- the ability to develop and manage a financial budget for a unit or centre
- the capacity to motivate, negotiate, coordinate, advocate and inspire
- the ability to take an active role in the maintenance of academic standards, in the development of educational policy and curriculum and in the delivery of clinical services
- an understanding of Indigenous cultures, priorities and health issues
- a proven track record of funds development
- outstanding scholarship and research in a particular field of knowledge, professional or creative activity with a breadth of interests for clinical service, education, research and policy
- a willingness and ability to perform high level administrative tasks
- a degree in health, business, administration or related field and/or relevant work experience.
This position will suit an astute individual with significant leadership capabilities and with substantial experience in the maintenance of high academic standards and the delivery of clinical services and possess a thorough understanding of Indigenous cultures, priorities and health issues.
For recruitment-related enquiries, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Sarah Daji on 02 8627 6362 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please refer to the candidate information pack for further details.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Closing date: 11:30pm 8 November 2017
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.