Invitation – Cumberland and City of Parramatta Councils invite all working on preventing domestic and family violence in Parramatta and Cumberland Regions:
Domestic and Family Violence Prevention Planning Forum
An open and free Planning Forum for anyone working – or wanting to work – to collaborate to prevent domestic and family violence in the Parramatta and Cumberland areas.
Date: 15 February 2018
Times: 9:30 am – 2:30 pm
Venue: Merrylands Bowling Club, Corner of Newman and Oxford Street, Merrylands
RSVPs: This is a Free event BUT you must register for catering purposes: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/domestic-family-violence-prevention-in-cumberland-parra-planning-forum-tickets-41103043309
Who should attend?:
- Any one working – or wanting to work- to prevent domestic and family violence in the Cumberland or Parramatta regions including:
- non for profit and government service providers
- representatives of community based/ voluntary groups and organisations
- members of local prevention networks and committees
- representatives of businesses, social enterprises etc.The Forum will provide some information but most of our time will be spent sharing ideas and developing ways we can collaborate and work more effectively to prevent domestic and family violence.
- What will the Forum include?:
The Planning Forum is based on survey results and people’s feedback on their needs and priorities. It will include:
– Snapshot: who’s doing what to prevent domestic and family violence in our areas (group information share)
– Domestic and family violence prevention: what is it, what works? And how do we measure our success? (information presentation and information share)
– Strategies and actions planned for 2018 – what are people planning or wanting to do to prevent violence? (group work and discussion)
– Next steps and actions: what do people need to turn their plans into actions? What will help us achieve our goals? (group discussion)
Transport & other important information:
There is ample parking onsite and the venue (Merrylands Bowling Club) is a five minute walk from Merryland’s Train station.
Please bring photo identification to sign into the Club on the day.
More information/ enquiries:
Maggie Kyle firstname.lastname@example.org Ph: 02 9806 5082 or
Teresa Russo email@example.com.