I am the Aboriginal Co-ordinator for TAFENSW – Aboriginal Pre-Apprenticeship Program, emPOWER in Electrical Careers. I was given your contact details by Tracey Rose from EORA College to promote the program. Although the program starts this week at Campbelltown, we are really wanting to take on several, additional students and can start them this week or next week at the latest.
See the attached flyer and this link below which profiles some of our recent graduates.
Just a few points about the course:
· Its customised to NECA Apprenticeship selection
· You don’t have to be good at maths – we can teach that – but we do need adequate reading skills
· There’s work experience with host employers of NECA – and big focus on work skills and workplace communication
· Practical electro technology sessions at NECA every week
· Lots of team teaching and individual support
· Mentoring throughout the course and 12 months into work
· NECA General Manager has a very high target – to employ over 100 Aboriginal apprentices by end of 2018 – so these careers are there for the taking.
This program has dedicated staff who have all been working as a team for 10 years. The employer is passionate about creating successful careers for Aboriginal people. It’s a really winning combination!!
I would like to come to your meeting tomorrow to discuss this opportunity and to find more students for this and future offerings of this course.
Teacher Projects – Foundation and Business Faculty
T +61 2 9335 2317 : E mailto:email@example.com
TAFE NSW Petersham
Building C, level 2, Room 5a, Crystal Street, Petersham NSW 2049