Angling clubs, individuals, community groups, local councils and organisations interested in rehabilitating fish habitats in freshwater and saltwater areas throughout NSW can apply for small grants of $2,000 or large grants of up to $40,000.
Habitat rehabilitation projects which may be funded include:
- removal or modification of barriers to fish passage
- rehabilitation of riparian lands (river banks, wetlands, mangrove forests, saltmarsh)
- re-snagging waterways with timber structure
- removal of exotic vegetation from waterways and replace with native species
- bank stabilisation works
- reinstatement of natural flow regimes
Applications are now open
Before completing your application, please check the suitability of your project to this funding stream by downloading and reading the Habitat Action Grant funding guidelines below and speaking with the Habitat Action Grants Administrator.
- Habitat Action Grant Application Guidelines (PDF, 79.14 KB)
- Example of a good Habitat Action Grant application (PDF, 3181.49 KB)
Applications closed 5.00pm, 21 September 2018.
More information is available here – https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fishing/habitat/rehabilitating/ahr-grants-program