MAAS Indigenous Sciences 2017: A Symposium … of Sorts
Saturday 12 August, 10am–5pm and Sunday 13 August, 10am–5pm
The MAAS Indigenous Sciences Symposium 2017 is dedicated to honouring the work that has been and continues to be done by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women in the fields of science and technology – celebrating the diversity of their achievements.
A key focus for the gathering will revolve around finding ways that we can support our Sisters on-going research and development to support this leadership.
This gathering brings together Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander academics, theorists, researchers, designers, engineers, educators and students from across the community. It provides an important opportunity to shape future research and investigations that are focused on exploring and sharing the sophistication, richness and leadership of Australia’s First Peoples within the scientific domain.
The program will feature a range of Yarns (key-note presentations), Yarn-ups (panel discussions) and Yarning Spaces – a series of open-floor responsive and focused discussion sessions throughout.
A final Yarning Circle (plenary session) will work to establish a series of recommendations around actions to advance partnerships, information sharing, research and development – supporting the on-going developments of Indigenous women in this space.
You can register for the symposium through this link https://maas.museum/event/indigenous-sciences-a-second-symposium-of-sorts/
- Saturday 13 August, 10am–5pm. Registrations, Welcome and Yarns3 and Yarn-ups 1-3.
- Sunday 14 August, 10am–5pm. Keynote 4, Keynote 5, Keynote 6, Yarn-ups 4-6 and plenary to develop recommendations for action (protocols, partnerships, research and development).
- Venue – The Board Room, Level 5, Powerhouse Museum, 500 Harris Street, Ultimo
- Registration Booking essential via the MAAS website
- Delegate Registration: $160.00/MAAS Member $140.00/Concession: $120.00 – a limited number of subsidies are available for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community members – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details
- Registration includes catering (morning/afternoon teas and lunch) – please email email@example.com with any specific dietary requirements
- Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org