NEW DIRECTIONS ABORIGINAL CHILD & FAMILY HEALTH NURSE
Position Title: Child & Family Health Nurse New Directions Aboriginal Mothers & Babies Program
Classification: Registered Nurse
Location: Mount Druitt – Community Health Centre
Employment Status: Temporary Full Time
Contact Name: Jo Fuller
Closing Date: 25th July 2018
This position is part of the New Directions Mothers and Babies Program, which is funded by the Commonwealth Government. New Directions aims to contribute to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander early childhood health and development to ensure that children are healthy and ready for school. The program provides high quality, culturally sensitive child and family health services, based on primary health care principles, provided in partnership with Aboriginal people and communities.
The Child & Family Health Nurse (CFHN) practices at an extended level of nursing, working within a primary healthcare model with families who have infants and / or young children. Working in partnership is the foundation of CFHN practice. The CFHN uses a strength-based and wellness focus to promote the health and wellbeing of children and families, identifies variations in health and development, and intervenes when appropriate.
This is an Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander Identified position. Please see essential criteria. An applicant’s race is a genuine occupational qualification and is authorised under Section 14(d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977, NSW. Please include a sentence on your Aboriginal / Torres Strait Islander status in your cover letter; Applicants will be required to confirm status at interview.
Vaccination Category: A
Checks: National Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check
Qualification: Current enrolment with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as a
Evidence of Diversity claim: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
Registered Nurse Division 1
Current drivers licence valid in Australia
1. Postgraduate qualification relevant to performing the role of a Child and Family Health Nurse, or currently enrolled with a course completion date within 2 years of employment
2. Demonstrated understanding of issues impacting on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and their families and evidence of post-registration experience working with families and young children, including experience working with families from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds
3. Demonstrated ability to organise and prioritise work
4. Commitment to evidenced based Child and Family Health nursing practice; including an understanding of Families NSW and primary health care principles and practices
5. Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills and computer skills
6. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to utilise information technology systems within a variety of applications and a commitment to undertaking training in electronic health record systems
Please apply online by visiting the Western Sydney Local Health District Career Portal and searching for REQ51861
The position will also be advertised in Koori Mail, National Indigenous Times