The NSW Public Guardian is offering free, full day, tailored workshops for disability services staff to promote supported decision making and capacity building. This training will:
- Be suitable for Team Leaders, Ability Linkers, Local Area Coordinators and Key Workers
- Cover building the skills & ability of people with disability to make their own decisions
- Be considered in the context of the NDIS
- Focus on effective steps and strategies for providing support for decision making
- Discuss dilemmas and tensions, as well as strategies to address these
- Offer additional train-the-trainer component
This is interactive training that has been successfully rolled out across NSW for the last 18 months. Due to high demand, the course will continue to run until June 2018. There is also now a Risk Enablement course available. Workshops can be arranged in-house or for multiple providers in a central location. Register your interest today email@example.com or contact the Information Support Team 02 8688 6070 for more information.