Now in its third year, Pitch for Good Parramatta is on again! This innovative event provides a platform for emerging social entrepreneurs to showcase their ideas and gather community support to make them come to life in Parramatta!
This year’s focus is on Female Founders – Did you know that 72% of social enterprises are founded by women in Australia, yet females only receive 2% of venture capital globally?
Pitch for Good Parramatta seeks to address this by providing an opportunity for female social entrepreneurs to pitch an idea, to build a community of supporters and get much needed finance to support the project through crowdfunding.
The five female entrepreneurs will be pitching a range of innovative and impactful ideas to create positive social impact as well as launching crowdfunding campaigns to promote and financially support their projects.
- Carers Compass – a Journey of Care by Diane Gatto Making it easier for families to look after ageing loved ones by connecting them with the right type of service that can best serve their needs when it matters most.
- Faith, Hope, Love Soap by Agatha Simanjuntak Transforming women’s lives globally, restoring hope locally with one ethical & sustainable soap at a time.
- GreenRenter by Sandy Xu Find an environmentally friendly home, good for you, your pocket and the planet.
- People of Purpose Network by Christina Jarron Ending the brain drain in the community sector by supporting people to build rewarding and impactful careers in for-purpose organisations.
- Small Shift by Julia Suh Supporting locals to reimagine and create public spaces together, and upskilling people with barriers to employment.
Visit Pitch for Good to learn more about the finalists and their ideas.
Date: Wednesday, 26 September 2018 Time: 6pm to 9pm Venue: Riverside Theatre Costs: $30 per ticket (includes Egyptian street food from Koshari Korner)
Each ticket entitles you to three $10 tokens to allocate to your favourite project on the night. At the end of the event, Parramatta Council will match the value of the tokens ($30 becomes $60!), which will kick-start their crowdfunding campaigns. The finalists then have four more weeks of their crowdfunding campaigns to reach their funding target for their project.
The event is a wonderful contributor to making a difference in our community. I warmly invite you to get a group of colleagues or friends together to supporting the event and our amazing female social entrepreneurs.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit https://riversideparramatta.com.au/show/pitch-for-good-2018/
Hope to see you there!