Widening Participation and Outreach (WPO) Reference no. 185/0218
- Be valued for your exceptional relationship management experience
- Share our enthusiasm for building capacity to access and participate in higher education
- Full-time fixed term for five years
- About the opportunity Working within our Widening Participation and Outreach (WPO) the team the Schools Outreach Officer will work with school students to deliver a series of on-campus and in-school study skills workshops as part of the academic enrichment projects delivered through the Widening Participation and Outreach program. Under the guidance of the Head Widening Participation and Outreach you will:
- serve as the key point of contact and relationship manager to engaged schools, acting as a cohesive link between schools and WPO
- coordinate the effective implementation and facilitation of workshops for and in identified schools in collaboration with community partners
- monitor and evaluate workshops and provide key development recommendations. About you The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Schools Outreach Officer who demonstrates:
- tertiary qualifications and/or relevant work experience, preferably in project management and administration
- excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with a variety of matters
- experience effectively managing a diverse group of key stakeholders on large or complex projects and the ability to develop/cultivate productive relationships with industry providers and key users.
See job advertisement below:
- This position is only open to candidates of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent and is authorised under the provisions of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977. Evidence of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent must be provided with the application.