Have you heard of the federally-funded Green Army program? We are now recruiting now for 7 Green Army teams in the Penrith region. We need to find 63 motivated young people!
The Green Army is a hands-on, practical environmental action program that supports local environment and heritage conservation projects across Australia. It’s a great opportunity for young people to get skills and experience to enter the workforce and contribute to environmental conservation.
· 20 to 23 week program, 30 hours per week
· Earn an allowance up to $16.78 per hour
· Gain a first aid certificate and work health safety certificate
· Gain accredited units in Conservation and Land Management
· Learn practical skills from experienced Team Leaders
· Potential employment opportunities
· Uniform provided (boots, pants, shirt, hat)
· Meet other people and experience working outdoors
Check the website for more info: http://www.environment.gov.au/land/green-army or www.cva.org.au/greenarmy/nsw-act/
Conservation Volunteers Australia is the main service provider of the projects and we work with project partners to implement them, including:
Penrith City Council
Cumberland Land Conservancy
Attached project flyer to circulate through your networks.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you need any more information.
Volunteer Engagement Officer | Conservation Volunteers Australia
a. 166 Lethbridge St, Penrith, NSW 2750, Australia
t. (02) 4721 4625 | m. +61 404 828 911