REMINDER: Supported Independent Living (SIL) Quotation Tool Information Session – Ultimo | Monday 4th September
The NSW Sydney Provider Engagement team welcome the opportunity to invite you to NDIS Supported Independent Living (SIL) Quotation Tool Information Session.
Supported Independent Living (SIL) is assistance with and/or supervising tasks of daily life to develop the skills of individuals to live as autonomously as possible. All Supported Independent Living (SIL) providers are required to provide a quote for participants living in Supported Independent Living accommodation. A SIL quote is required for first plans, reviews and scheduled reviews. The SIL pack is available from NDIS website.
The SIL pack and quoting tool allows planners to process provider quotes more efficiently and gives planners greater information to make better informed decisions. Using this template will ensure a more efficient and nationally consistent process, and is intended to result in provider quotes being assessed in a timely and responsive manner.
This session will cover:
- An overview framework for Supported Independent Living
- An introduction for providers in the use of the supported independent living tool (SIL tool)
- Explanation of the process for submitting SIL quotes with the NDIA
Details of event
- Date: Monday 4th September 2017
- Time: 2pm – 4pm
- Venue: Aerial UTS Function Centre
Level 7/235 Jones Street, Ultimo
Who should attend?
- Providers registered for Daily Tasks/Shared Living in NSW whose participants reside in the NSW Sydney region – (note that providers located outside NSW Sydney region will be offered training by their local engagement teams)
- Person responsible for completion of quotes (preferably with excel experience)
- Support coordinators
What will the session involve?
- This two hour training session explains the new process for submitting quotes to the NDIA
- The templates used for preparing SIL quotes will be in excel spreadsheet format and an understanding of excel is expected
- In preparation for this forum attendees will need to review the SIL Pack and NDIS price guide. See the link below: https://www.ndis.gov.au/providers/sil.html
- Please register by 31/08/2017 via Eventbrite
- Registration is essential as places are limited
- Please inform us if you have an accessibility, interpreting or special requirements
- Registrations will be accepted at the discretion of the Engagement Team. Preference will be given to accommodation providers (registered for registration group “Daily Tasks/Shared Living”) and then support coordinators
For more details on this event please see attached flyer or visit our website for future events.
National Disability Insurance Agency